Progress through consistent product quality
We develop solutions for special dietary requirements with exceptional taste and outstanding quality through technological innovation. We commit to developing products that ensure our consumers health and balanced nutrition. We are increasingly developing products to meet society’s demands and support safe eating out environments for those on a gluten-free diet. By fulfilling the twelve principles of our quality commitment, we ensure that our gluten-free products are high in quality, safe and natural.
The principles of our quality commitment
1. Nutritious raw ingredients: For years we have been developing products that increasingly contain flours instead of starches as well as a high proportion of whole grains that have been carefully processed. Grains such as millet, quinoa, buckwheat and sorghum are crucial components when it comes to improving the nutritional value and taste of products. We monitor these important raw ingredients, from cultivation to the finished product.
2. Taste: Our focus is on having a variety of baked goods. By using sour dough, we can achieve the authentic natural taste of bread without sacrificing nutritional value. This means that we can reinterpret ancient baking traditions and apply them to gluten-free products.
3. The protein content of our products is comparable to that of conventional foods – one way we achieve this is by using high-quality flours and proteins.
4. Fibre: A large number of our products for daily use, such as bread, are rich in fibre, which plays a particularly important role in gluten-free nutrition.
5. Fat: We use high-quality vegetable oils and margarines and only use hydrogenated fats if it is a technical requirement to do so.
6. Salt content: Our products have a significantly reduced salt content. This is in line with recommendations from the field of nutritional science and consumer protection requirements for the benefit of the health of our consumers.
7. Sugar: We are constantly reducing the sugar content of our range of sweet products and never use any chemical or artificial sweeteners.
8. Additives: Additives play an important role in the production of gluten-free food and we handle them in an extremely responsible manner:
• Thickening agents help to replace gluten
• We do not use any flavour enhancers
• We do not use any artificial colourings
• We only use natural flavourings
9. Preservatives: We avoid using synthetic preservatives.
10. Allergen management: All of the raw ingredients and products in our range are gluten-free (well below the stipulated content of 20 ppm of gluten), including products using gluten-free wheat starch (Codex wheat starch). This is monitored by our quality control using the VITAL (Voluntary Incidental Trace Allergen Labelling) system. Targeted control of our production processes prevents cross-contamination with allergens.
11. GMOs: We do not use any raw ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
12. Eating out: We supply restaurants with a range of products which make it 'safe' to eat out. In addition to our product ranges, we supply educational material which provides information about contamination risks in restaurants and gives suggestions of simple rules for following the duty of care.
PDF Dr. Schär quality commitment